Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Waiting for the Light Bulb

Finding inspiration for a piece of work or a project can come in all shapes and sizes and from all directions. It could be something small, a moment of the day, an object or a few words that strikes inspiration into the mind or it could be something massive that ignites the spark that is needed, a piece of history, an event or an era, a place, city or country or a person . Inspiration could and should come from anywhere.

My inspiration comes from things that surround me. If I'm in my room it's things that I have collected or things that are important to me, family photos, things that remind me of good times, or other artists work that inspire me or that I like. When I'm out inspiration can come from a place that I'm in, the building or a person, or something that I over here that gives me ideas. Sometimes something just pops up from out of no where, but this is hardly ever.
This is a piece of work for the current design brief. The initial inspiration came from artist's work that I wanted to recreate within my own, Sabrina Ward Harrison and Robert Rauschenburg. After this initial idea of wanting to produce some form of collage I went to New Street. Here I was inspired by the things I saw and collected, train tickets, time tables and maps. From this inspiration i went on to produce this collage that I wanted to reflect not only travel but also people who I saw there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment