Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Am I an Expert?

Where do I rate myself on the novice to expert scale?
Knowledge: I feel that my Knowledge of my area is competent. I have a good knowledge of the practise I have chosen as well as a small understanding of it's history. I also have a competent knowledge of the software I use such as Indesign and photoshop however I think that in softwares I need more experience and practise in order to refine my level of knowledge in these programmes.
Standard Of Work: In all aspects of work I like my standard to be high. I am a perfection and unhappy when things don't look exactly right even if it is just a rough sketch. However this sometimes leads me spend hours on one piece leaving another without enough time for it, for this reason I haven't rated myself an expert.
Autonomy: I am able to take responsible for my own actions and work and others when necessary. I am capable of doing my work and brief without any instruction however I do like to have feedback from tutors which is why I do not feel I'm an expert.
Coping With Complexity: I have rated myself as competent with complexity as sometimes I tend to panic. However I am a good planner and organising which helps me to cope with difficult briefs.
Perception Of Concept: I like to think that I am able to see the bigger picture and concept of my work and how it works in terms of longer goals, however I think that sometimes I think that I don't always think of the bigger picture when I have an idea that I love. Sometimes I forget to think bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment